Sunday, January 6, 2013

Madness Came Upon Me

Madness came upon me
while sitting on a park bench.
Lost in the nether drearies,
I heard a voice faintly familiar,
In an essentially strange form.
Unknown words in my thoughts,
words never heard, shockingly felt,
left impressions with no understanding.

I blinked on the park bench,
hoping to see the terrible voice
bouncing, accusing in my skull,
placing weight upon my heart.
Tight the band was drawn and
narrowly I turned inside to hide
the thought of what I heard
to be the madness come upon me.

It was a sullen angel that descended
from the burning clouds of late day
summer sky, to sit beside me on the bench,
giving black counsel in a breath that
formerly could entice me to heaven's gate.
Now, only was the grayish picture
left that sketched a story sadly told,
when madness came upon me
while sitting on a park bench.


©Eusebeia Philos 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment