Tuesday, February 19, 2013

In the Window


Your allure and refinement is on display
in every way,
for all to see and savor.

Still they walk past.

Rigid, elegant lines sweep out around you,
fashion clings to you like suitors on Helen.
Your beauty is unreal
in a world where mere flesh fails.

No man kisses your cold lips,
for your stare comes back in return.
Within you is all you will ever be,
nothing can be added.

You stand in exquisite posture,
your form hand shaped,
for all to glance,
take a chance,
draw their gaze.

Still they walk past.

Stoic beauty,
has life left your eyes?
Have you grown cold
to the indifference
shown you in the hours?

Would they stop
if they knew -

if mannequins
had feelings, too?



©Eusebeia Philos 2013

Written for OpenLinkNight at dVerse~Poets Pub

photo credit: photopin.com

9 comments:

  1. Fun poem, Eusebia. Mannequins lead a lonely, boring life, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah. Yes, this is what happens when I'm forced to our local shopping mall. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  2. if mannequins had feelings too....well i wonder at those that feel like mannequins as well..something pretty to look at in the window...dont think i would want their life you know...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've seen those walking, breathing mannequins, too, Brian.

      Delete
  3. The image that came to me was a sculpture or statue ~ If these mannequins had feelings, I would scared to look into their eyes ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a sculpture or statue would work, too. Inanimate, human form, on display. Thanks, Grace.

      Delete
  4. I love this...giving feelings to mannequins :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..they always have given me the willies..perhaps because of an episode of Twilight Zone??? I love your write, though; you breathe life into them by caring about them;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the twist of this. Lovely writing.

    ReplyDelete