Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Place

I'm going to a place, maybe
more, where I never thought
I'd go,

it's beyond your understanding,
from the clicking room where
morse code is sent to a digital world
that only hears your foot tapping on
the floor, looking out the window
for a ride.

I've gone places I never thought I'd go,

once you went away, it
seemed the natural way, not
to follow, but to search for
you in places where I knew
you wouldn't be, to find the
one who'd never leave and
was waiting there for me.

I'm gone, in a place where I belong,

piano raptures and jazz riffs,
improvised solo with musical words,
materialize in sun-bleached shadows
of novel suspense, creation lives
to its name in endless growth,
and the soul feeds and gives
with no remorse for living in
a crescendo of delight.

Your distance makes this place
unreachable, so a postcard
is on its way to you,

from this place where I am at.


©Eusebeia Philos 2013

1 comment:

  1. "I'm gone, in a place where I belong," after trying and searching so long for someone...to send them a postcard from where you are, I really like that. this is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete